Wondering how to get pregnant? Maximize fertility by following these tips.
Please keep in mind that these tips work for those that do not have any infertility issues. If you try these tips, and are still unsuccessful at conceiving after 12-18 months of trying, see a fertility specialist, who may be able to identify your problem and rectify it.
How To Get Pregnant: Fertility Tips For Her
- How to get pregnant fast? Figure out when you ovulate. This is the single most important thing you can do to optimize your chances of getting pregnant. See the section on ovulation to figure out how to calculate ovulation ;
- Keep your cervical mucus nice and runny (which is what sperm likes). Try not to have too much dairy, such as milk and cream, which can thicken the mucus. Here’s an awesome tip for increasing quality of cervical mucus: take plain Robitussin cough syrup (the one that says “Guaifenesin”) every day starting somewhere between Day 8 and 10 (depending on how long your cycle is and approximately when you ovulate). Try taking this before you do the “baby-dance”. Stop taking the day of ovulation. What happens is that it thins out your body’s mucus, including cervical mucus, which is the ideal environment for sperm. Make sure the bottle says “expectorant” and not “anti-histamine”, which actually dries up mucus. Also, make sure the bottle does not say “DM”;
- Do not have intercourse every day. Besides making yourself tired and sore, your mucus will dry up. You will also not give your partner enough time to build up the necessary sperm by releasing it too often;
- This may sound silly, but try to stay flat on your back (preferably with a pillow under your bum to raise your hips) for a few minutes after having sex. You don’t want gravity to pull sperm away from that egg!
How To Get Pregnant: Fertility Tips For Him
- Don’t go more than 8 days without ejaculating. Keep those little sperm fresh by making sure ejaculation happens often enough. Sperm that are not released can get old and less fertile;
- Pass on the alcohol. Drinking too much has been associated with male impotence;
- Keep a healthy weight . If your partner is underweight or overweight, this may actually contribute to a reduced sperm count;
- Stop smoking. Cigarettes don’t actually reduce sperm count, but they can damage the sperm’s DNA, which can lead to birth defects;
- This may sound like a no-brainer, but try to keep cool “down there”! Excessive heat can kill sperm;
- Stay away from certain medications that may cause issues with fertility. Some antibiotics, anti-diarreal medications, anti-fungal medications and anabolic steroids should be avoided. If any of these are being used, find out more about that particular medication and it’s effects on male fertility;
- Don’t drink too much caffeine. Excessive consumption of caffeine can affect sperm.
How To Get Pregnant: Fertility Tips For Both of You
-Avoid lubrications during sex – they can actually kill sperm! Read the labels carefully…
-Avoid stress. This may be difficult, but too much stress can actually affect both men’s and women’s fertility.
If you want to know how to get pregnant fast, follow these tips to cut the time it takes the average couple to conceive.